Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stepping Out Of The Ole' Comfort Zone!

My good friends Heather, Gretchen and Tara decided to take a ballet class. I was very excited for them. Then they talked me into doing it as well! I was most excited to be doing it with my oldest daughter Jaycee. The class was for young adults 12yrs. and up. So off to the shoe store I went to buy my ballet slippers! The first day was learning how to strech properly. Oh my goodness did we strech! My old rickedy body was VERY sore the next day!
We had such a fun class. Very diverse! We even had a couple of men dancing with us. I never knew what all went into ballet. So much thinking. Getting your body to do what you are thinking.........not so easy!
I had so much fun spending time with Jaycee, just her and I. We experienced something that not alot of mothers and daughters get to do together. I loved watching her learn and watching her confidence grow. We had a blast! Even when we had to stop class early and rush home to safety because of tornado weather!
Tendo, Port De Bra, Piques, Sousou, Coupe, Degage, Eshappe Releve, Glissade, Pas Debourees, Assemble, Tombe Pas De Bouree. These are some of the ballet steps we learned! Here is my report card. Not too shabby!
My most favorite memory from this whole experience is when Jaycee would hold my hand while we walked to the studio from the car. And the kisses and hugs she would give me during class. These things are fading the older she gets, so I cherish them like crazy!

2 comments:

Nicla said...

ohh, makes me want to do something like that with my girls

The Thomas Family said...

How fun!!! Talk about good girl bonding time. I'm sure your other girls can't wait to take that class with you. You are going to be a pro after going through all your girls.