Friday, March 28, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend!

We have decided as a family that it is time to say goodbye to our friend the T.V. I am very sad to see it go. It has been there for me through 5 pregnancies with aweful morning sickness! It has been there for me while I stuff my face with food! It has been my #1 babysitter. It sometimes is the only adult conversations I here all day. I have let myself slowly get addicted to reality shows. And am becoming immuned to all of the immoral junk that they sneak in. We are taking the Glenn Beck Challenge and turning it off! I am ashamed to say that by doing so I am also saying goodbye to The Bachelor, Big Brother, The biggest Loser, The Apprentice, The Road Rules and Real World Challenge, American Idol, The View, and many others! My girls are sad to say goodbye to Hannah Montana, Suite Life Of Zack and Cody, Thats so Raven, Wizards Of Waiverly Place, H20, Saved By The Bell, Dora The Explorer, Tom And Jerry, I Love Lucy. There are more I am sure. These shows that I have listed are 16 hours of T.V. time. I can't even believe that we have slowly allowed ourselves to get so addicted! It is so easy to just sit down on the couch and veg! We are often telling the girls to go play in the playroom while we watch our shows. They end up turning on the T.V. and being couch potatos too! Well no more! We are excited to see what happens to our little family over the next several months. I am excited that the girls will have to get creative and PLAY! We used to have a rule that only an hour or so of T.V. for them. Then came along 5 kids and out the window that rule went! I know that I am going to have withdrawls, but I am prepared for that.
This morning we took a trip to the cable office to turn in our DVR and cancel our cable. We are downgrading to just several local stations so we will still have access to the weather (tornados) and they charged me $30.00! Can you belive that? We will be saving over $100.00 a month by doing this though! If you really think about it we actually are spending lots of $ just to let Satan in our homes! So goodbye old friend and hello new life! Wish us luck!!!

2 comments:

LaVetter said...

Great job Sean! I see you've already replaced your tv addiction, with a new addiction... blogging! Good for you... and GOOD LUCK!

John and Rachel Stephens said...

Have you had withdrawals yet?